Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thoughts from the new Game Informer

Game Informer is nothing more to me than toilet fodder for the most part.  The staff reviews mediocre games unusually high to get more pre-orders and pickups for Gamestop.  Hell, they gave Matt Hazard a 7( and that game is one of the biggest terds I've ever played).  This month's issue was decent however at least for the Bioshock II preview.  After reading this, I'm looking forward to Bioshock II even more than I was before reading.  The idea of being not only a Big Daddy, but the original Big Daddy is intriguing.  I plan on saving all the Little sisters this time and not harvesting a single one.  It appears that Ms. Tannenbaum is back and will aid you this time to stop the "Big Sister".  I'm still a bit nervous that this game is out of the hands of Ken Levine and 2K Boston, but I'm sure that it will be a great.  I'm not sure why we need Multiplayer in Rapture, but I'll try it nonetheless. 

There were previews for Infamous and the Army of Two sequel as well.  Those two are instant pickups for me and I still feel that Infamous is going to be the surprise hit for the PS3 this year (no offense to Killzone 2). 

The review for Wanted Weapons of Fate was low and the reviewer says the game can be completed in five hours.  Yep, 5 hours.  I'm all for shorter games, but I'll be damned if I"m spending $60 for 5 hours of gameplay.  It's a Gamefly or Blockbuster rental for me now. 

digg me

No comments: