Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday

Even though I'm not a fan of the NBA it was nice to see a bit of old school come back in the form of Lakers vs. Celtics. Don't tell anyone, but I actually watched a couple of games (shhhhh).


Now on to the politcal/social sections of the blog. If you're not into this, scroll down.

It was fun to hear Howard wax on about abortion this morning, and as a matter of fact it's funny to hear anyone with a penis wax on about abortion. Here's my equation for the whole mess.

having a penis= no opinion on abortion

Maybe it's just me, but I'll worry about abortion when I can get pregnant, until then I just try to stay out of that whole issue. I've been asked before if I'm pro life or pro choice. I prefer to state that I'm pro-woman and they women are more than capable of making that decision for themselves.

It was good to see that George Takei and Brad got married and for the record, I'm thrilled that gays and lesbians now have one of the same rights as all of us have. Congrats George and Brad and all the other couples who've married. Now let's wait and see how long it takes the "fine" people of California to vote it down or how long it takes the religious right and Captain Conservative to convince the people of California that their court system made a mistake. I'm a firm believer in happiness for all, and it seems that Captain Conservative and the religious right don't seem to want the same things I want. I'm neither gay or bi and I'm not ready to march in a gay rights parade, but what is wrong with a group of people having the same rights as the rest of us? Every time I blog about this subject, I get quite a few emails from the so called religious right calling me a "fag lover", "queer" and all sorts of other insults. Bring em on. Please save your bible thumping for someone far worse than a fat loser in Knoxville, TN and for someone who might care to hear your opinion.

How long will it be before I can listen to Baseball, hockey, and Opie and Anthony from XM on my Sirius? No one knows for sure, but I do know that I'll be a full subscriber (getting all channels from both services) and I don't care what it costs or if I have to buy another radio or not. The head dipshit of the FCC gave his approval for the merger, now it's up to the other four dipshits to make their decisions. From listening to Stern this morning, it appears that the two democratic members of the FCC have a problem with the merger. Poor democrats, always worried about some bullshit that doesn't matter to anyone else. I just hope it's done by close to Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well that's all for now. Have a good one folks.

No comments: