Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Thoughts

I changed my IM's to itsmedavetn for both Yahoo and AOL.

There's not a whole lot to report. I did get a new HDTV this week. I sold enough stuff to be able to buy it and I'm really pleased with it. It's a 32 inch LCD with 2 HDMI ports. HDMI really makes all the difference in the world. I'm really impressed at how much better the picture is on LCD versus a Rear Projection HDTV. It's just so much clearer and cleaner. My PS3 and my Dish Network both look great on it. I got Dish last week and I'm really impressed with it. I've been on cable for quite some time and once I got my signal problems straightened out, it's been great. The DVR is much better than Comcast's and I have more channels than Comcast as well for a much cheaper rate. I really can't recommend the whole ATT Bundle deal enough. Right now I have home phone, long distance, internet, and television thru them and it's a hell of a deal. I'm completely happy with the service. I do wish they had digital voice mail like Comcast, but for the savings I'm getting I'm not complaining.

We're now over a week since Kidd Chris left the airwaves. It's sad really. I miss the show so much and miss hearing from the gang as well as the regular callers. How is Mike from Glenholden doing? Is he so high he can't stand up? Has Brady thrown a couch at someone in anger over the Kidd Chris Show going off the air? Has Jim the Regular gotten married again? What games has Slim been playing? What creepy stories has Yeti been reading? We'll probably never know the answers to those questions and it's sad. I'm still holding out hope that Chris will make his way to Sirius and I hope that everyone gets to go along as well. I'd like to see Howard pay for an apartment for Brad and Lindsey, Connie, and Cheeseburger to live together and film it for Howard TV.

I'm pumped for Indy today, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it today or wait till the crowds die down tomorrow.


I'm glad to report that Jim over at Memory Almost Full and his baby and wife are doing well. Congrats again Quint, Barb, and baby John. Everything came out really well.

Not much too report on the personal front for me. Life is still going better than expected and I'm having a blast. The kitties are doing fine and my Doodle bug gets almost all of dad's attention now and she loves it.

No comments: