Saturday, May 31, 2008

10 Questions with Dub-Ill


I think I got the formatting issue fixed finally.. Dub-Ill is the newest level 10 Underbelly member joining Slim and Yeti. I enjoyed Dub-Ill's calls to the show as well as Jerk off Radio. It's my privelige to get to interview him and here's my interview with Dub-Ill unedited of course.

Questions for Dub Ill
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where are you from?
Well, Dave, before i answer that, I'd just like to say Thank You for flying me down here to Knoxville and showing me a great time last night. Who ever thought Apple Pie flavored Moonshine would cause you to pee on a cop car and make out with a 14 year old tranny...Knoxville Knows How To Party!!

Back to the question at hand.I grew up in a small town in South Jersey, 6 short miles east of Philiadelphia. Haddon Heights, the home of billiards legend Willie Mosconi, Transvestite cop killer Leslie Nelson, and most members of The Nitty Gritty. Great town to grow up in. I recently moved back last summer after living in Mooorestown for 4 years. and I'm curentlysingle and loving life. MySpace.com/dubill Hit me up ladies.

2. When did you first find out about the Kidd Chris Show?
I think it was a mixture of a couple things. Promotional spots on WYSP while King of All Media Howard Stern, was still broadcasting out of that station and MySpace bulletins from call screener for the KiddShow Rock Hard Killa. I was always a fan of Howards since i was about 13, so i thought i'd give this new show a shot.

3. What kept you listening to Chris and the gang?
I know it's totally gay, kinda like the show in general, but the fact that they broadcast out of Philly was the main factor that drew me to the show. After listening to Howard for so long (a broadcaster that had to appeal to the entire country), it was kinda cool to hear a show for us, the Philadelphia area. And what kept me listening was how Chris would relate with his callers. My favorite shows are when Chris has nothing planned for an hour and he just takes calls or makes fun of someone on the staff. What kept me and will keep me listening to the show are the relationships I made from just being a fan of the show and posting on the message board and going to live events. The "Underbelly" as Chris calls us are some of the greatest people I have ever met in my entire life and i think we have all gained life-long friends because of the show.... That'll def keep me around.... For The Parties and The Poon... Let's Be Honest Here, Dave.
By the Way, you really didn't have to rent a hotel room for this interview. And the breakfast buffet with the make your own omelette bar and the Cristal Mimosas are completely unnecessary, but thank you.... You know how to treat a lady.

4. What have you been listening to since Chris got fucked by CBS Radio?
Well, i re-subscribed with Sirius so I can listen to Howard again, butI gotta tell ya, Dave.... It' not the same. I usually put music on.I'm a big music buff. I've recently been listening to The New HoldSteady Album, Stay Positive on a steady loop. It's fantastic.
5. You and Slim did a great song for the now doomed King of the Sing contest? Take us behind the scenes of when two level ten underbellies get together to create greatness.
Slim and I love colaborating with each other, we really work well together, he's a fantastic gentleman. I went over his place one random Friday, with a case of Miller High Life in tow. We busted out the old JerkOff Radio Soundboard and Mics and got to work. 15 minutes later digital greatness was had. While we were recording Thomas hit Slim up on AIM and asked what he was up to, Slim told him about the gold and he suggested we come up to the studio and do the song live, a dream of mine for a while. And the rest is Kidd Show history.

6. I'll ask the same question I asked of the other two level 10's Yeti and Slim: What's it like to be in the studio where the magic happens?
It's actually very cool. I sat with Rock hard for about an hour before we went in. It was interesting to see how everything happens behind the scenes. Metro running around. Connie and Cheeseburger's tomfoolery. Idiot callers that Rock Hard has to yell at. But when I stepped in the studio, that's when i felt the magnatude of what was about to go on. We were not prepped at all, we had no idea when we were gonna go in, we didn't know what mics to use, it was a trainwreck in the making. The studio is very dark and everyone sits arounda semi circular table facing Chris. It's even darker where he sits.... It's kinda spooky. I knew our appearance was gonna be short,so I had to get my Hahas in when i could. When the music for the song came on I knew I had to shine, so i shined as quick as I could and sang the song Waaaaay to quick, almost like i wanted to get it over with. Then after the music stopped and Chris stopped laughing. We gota couple more Hahas in and left... It was really quick. I hope to goin again in the future for a little longer. I got a shitload of texts messages right after we were on saying how funny it was, so that made me feel really good. My mom loved it.
7. Tell us a little bit about jerkoff radio. I've listened to it for quite some time and enjoy it quite a bit, but tell the readers what makes it great.
JOR was an idea Matt (Slim), Michael (Fresh Tossed Salad or FTS), andI had September '06, the very first time we ever met each other. Back then the Underbelly was very small and we used to play beer pong oncein a while. We would get drunk and make fun of each other, talk about the message board and the others in the Underbelly. We originally wanted to do the show as a companion to the Message Board, called TheBoard Cast. We never really got our shit together and the DopeyLittle Podcast was kinda already doing Underbelly Gossip type segments and them Micheal stopped posting on the board, so we thought we'd just do our own show with no ties to the board or the Kidd Chris show(although that is where we pulled 80% of our audience). We started purchasing our software and hardware and working out all the kinks in March '07 and we were on the "Air" late April '07. The first few shows were great. We got a load of calls and it was something really new and exciting. As the show progressed we all really got to know each other very well and could really push some buttons, which madefor some podcast magic, but made me kinda uncomfortable about content and i had to bid the show adieu. It wasn't just that, it was the time put in. I work about 55 hours a week and I need my Sundays to see my parents and get shit done. But we will return in one way or another and, mark my words, It Will Be RAD!!!
8. If you could recommend one episode of Jerkoff radio for newl isteners which one would it be?
Although all the shows are special to me on some level, Probably episode 34: Will's Pee Hole. It was probably the most fun i had doing the show. We did it LIVE from my place in Jersey, my buddy Americosat in and T.O. was in studio. Hilarity ensued.... JerkOffRadio.com Check It Out!!

9.Your avatars on the Underbelly forums are the greatest. Where do you find them?
I dream about them, then i make them the next day... It's true. My current avatar is a picture is Pierre Robert (WMMR DJ and local homosexual) looking into the sunset. I'd rather not talk about that dream, that gets a little personal.I have had dreams about a few new ones, but my Photoshop is currently busted, expect a new one shortly.

10. Lastly in true Kidd Chris Fashion ala Nicole Richie, Do you have a question for me?
Can you drive me back to the airport?