Saturday, April 12, 2008

Howard and other Saturday Thoughts

This will be the only post for the day as I'm gonna be busy most all day.

The Owner of Savebabygorilla.com wrote up a great column detailing his thoughts on the whole Artie Lange situation and that state of the site. Here's a link to it.

Thursday's Stern Show started out so innocently. An impromptu dance contest which was won by JD, Artie dirty dancing with Lisa G, and Artie's sleeping habits. Then all hell broke loose wit Artie. The story has made it to TMZ, USA Today, and several other outlets on the net. I've listened to the clip several times via YouTube and I'm still not sure whether it's a bit or not. If Stern fans remember correctly, Artie and Howard's "Bro" fight happened right before a vacation and so did the fraccas between Artie and Sal and Richard. If Artie is sitting in that chair a week from Monday, then it's definitely a bit as far as I'm concerned since if anyone else did that on their job, they'd be gone. One thing is for sure, this is a show that will go down in Stern Show History. I hope Artie enjoys Amsterdam and I hope he stays as far away from Teddy as he can during the trip.

I started on DMC4 last night and I'm enjoying playing as Nero. I love the Devil Bringer and the graphics are fantastic. I'm playing on the PS3 as opposed to the 360 since I'm used to the controls on the PS3, plus the load times are lower than on the 360. I'm thru the second mission right now and it's playing just like the other three. The Devil May Series is just another reason I should have had a PS2 all along. I missed out on so many good games over the years by only owning a 360. In all honesty, if not for Gears of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2, I could go without my 360. Short of Call of Duty 4, I've not turned on my 360 in ages.

I got up early yesterday morning and listened to the Jay Thomas Show and I really enjoyed it. The only exposure I'd had to Jay was his appearances on Howard and I've got to say that I'm going to start listening to Jay in the afternoons. He has a great show plus Madison is on there as well. I love Madison when she's on Miserable Men so I'd imagine she's just as good on Jay's show.

I haven't posted an update in a while as to how I'm doing and I'm happy to report that there's "nothing to report". I'm doing well and really enjoying the single life alot. It's just me and the cats. I have no one to answer to and that's nice. I'm to the point now where I'm getting more used to being by myself and I'm enjoying the silence and the peace more than I thought I would. Granted, there are times I still get upset, but those times are growing less and less all the time.

Well that's all for today. Thanks for reading

No comments: