I remember when I was younger I wore nothing but Dukes of Hazzard gear. Shirts, hats, had my birthday cake decorated with the Duke boys, even wore a pair of Daisy duke shorts. Ok, maybe not the shorts, but I was border line obsessed.
These days, it seems like the teenage vampires with crohn's disease is the new fad. You can't go anywhere without being reminded that vampires have taken over. With the newest edition of the Twilight movie-series being released this week, the craze is at an all time high. Knoxville recently held a special charity premiere of the new movie with two of the stars being in attendance. The whole parking lot of the theatre was filled with screaming girls (ONE guy traveled 3 hours!) just to catch a small glance of the two stars. I haven't heard so many squeals since 9/11 with all of the fire trucks.
I shutter to announce, but my loving wife is sadly apart of this group. She is attending one of the midnight showings. She has bought t-shirts, magazines and candy bars (yes, candy bars) promoting the movie. This so-called "Robert Pattinson" is ruining me!!!
I think to myself, this is just a phase, and soon my wife and the rest of America will be over this crisis soon. But until then, we are all in this together.
-Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment