I didn't even know there was a sequel to my favorite book in the world until about a week ago. My first thought was "Oh, great, another VC Andrews and Margaret Mitchell!" But like a moth to a flame, I ordered the book at the library and picked it up the first chance I had.
I won't get into any details because I'm not one to spoil a plot. This book starts with Kate's great-grand daughter's wedding. One of her first thoughts is "What would Kate Blackwell do?" which is going to be my new motto. In typical Sheldon fashion, the first chapter starts at Kate's funeral in 1984. Her grand-daughters, Alexandra and Eve, are both pregnant. The next 300 pages or so cover 40 years of Jamie McGregor's great-great grandchildren and a surprise relative.
I am really impressed with the way Tilly Bagshaw took over. I started reading it with an open mind and it was hard to tell the difference between where Mr. Sheldon left off and where Ms. Bagshaw took over. She did a brilliant job. The only complaint I have is that the sex seemed forced and that this novel is only 330 pages long. I would have liked to see less "Five years later" and more of what happened during those five years. I also wasn't crazy about the ending, but I've learned to accept that sort of disappointments in my life. I found that I don't always have to like the ending to like the book.
Anywhoo.. If you liked Master of the Game, you should read Mistress of the Game. If you haven't read Master of the Game, then get your hiney off the computer and get it. It's awesome! Dave has to read it and he will do the review on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment