Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Catching up on TV

A few years ago I cancelled my cable because I got tired of paying so much money for the three channels we watched regularly. Thanks to internet streaming and Netflix Instant Queue, I'm getting a chance to catch up on some shows that I've missed out on in the last few seasons.

Recently, Rescue Me Season 5 arrived on the Instant option and I have to say this is one of the best seasons so far. The revelation about Jimmy and Tommy's drinking have really amped up the series. The season has also gotten better about the non-sequitor moments of humor to break up the seriousness of the series. I do wish the show would feature Adam Ferrara a little bit more. I also miss seeing Uncle Teddy on his drunken tirades (The Monkey Incident is still one of my favorite moments.) I introduced this show to Dave a while back, and if you have a Netflix Account, you can watch seasons 1-5 instantly. I highly recommend it to anyone who loved the Sopranos (before it started to Suck) or The Shield.

No comments: