Friday, February 6, 2009

Killzone 2, MLB09, and 3 on 3 NHL Arcade Impressions

First things first, Killzone 2 is every bit as amazing as critics have said.  As Rebel FM and other podcasts have said, it does take a bit to get used to the controls but after a few minutes, you're good as gold.  I love the cover aspect and the graphics are truly amazing as well.  The guns recoil much like real guns do and the gunplay just feels right.  I can't wait to try out online and see if it tops Resistance 2(which I love and still play)

MLB09 is hands down the best looking game I've seen bar none.  Every year, SCEA San Diego seems to top themselves and I'm not sure how they do it.  The gameplay feels much better than last year and the pitching meter is harder to hit spots with.  I look forward to many battles with Quint when this one drops.  I hope for the 360 crowd that 2k9 is at the very least decent, because I see no way that MLB09 if all the features come together isn't the best baseball experience we've ever seen.  

I tried out the demo for 3 on hockey but didn't buy it since it's coming out in a bit for the 360.  It's lots of fun and reminds me alot of the old Hitz series.  It's a definite buy once it hits the 360.

Please Digg me if you enjoy something I've written.

1 comment:

Jim Schmaltz said...

As far as MLB '09 is concerned - it's on, brotha!!!