Friday, August 1, 2008

Secret Agent Clank PSP Review


I have to admit I'm new to the whole Ratchet and Clank series. So far, I've played a couple of the titles on the PS2 and this is my first venture on a PSP version. The end result? This is hands down one of the best titles I've played yet on the PSP. 

Secret Agent Clank is one of the most innovative games that I've ever played and borrows from several different genres of games to make one of the best titles available on the PSP. You'll see a "Beats" type rhythm game used to help you sneak around, you'll see a Tetris type game to pick locks, and some of the best action sequences and weapons in any game. The graphics are top notch for a PSP title and the sound is quite good as well. All the characters you know and love from the series make an appearance and you'll get to play several missions with a few of those characters. I won't spoil the game by mentioning any of the characters, but you can probably figure out who they are.

Secret Agent Clank gets flat out hard at some points in the game. There are several points in the game where it took me several tries to get past a certain point. As I mentioned above, the gameplay is superb and very smart. This is a game that kids and adults alike will enjoy and I'm scratching my head at some of the reviews online for this game. I hope sales spawn a sequel for Clank, but I'm not sure based on the reviews. Give it a rental or a purchase since Clank warrants both. 

Final Score 9/10

No comments: