Friday, April 4, 2008

Catching Up on Friday

I need to post a "catch up" type blog today as what I've posted this week has been short narratives of what I've found interesting this week. First of all a plug for one of my commenters. This young lady has some of the most beautiful photography I've ever seen and seems to be a true artist with the camera. The colors are just outstanding and so lifelike and the pictures of Icarus the mute swan are some of the best photography I've seen. Here's a link to blog if you're interested. Please head over and check it out.
Ignoratio Elenchi. Just a pure artist with the camera IMO.

The Howard Stern Show was incredible this week with Mr. Takei being in. I think most of my readers know that George Takei is one of my favorites on the Show and I really wish that he were on more often. Maybe Howard can spring for an ISDN line for George so he can just pop in whenever he'd like. The friendly banter between Artie and George is what makes his appearances worthwhile.

Just on a side note I'm so tired of people judging me because I listen to Howard Stern. This is the typical response: "YOU LISTEN TO HIM? WHY?". I think that most people have a picture of Howard Stern in their head that he's just 100 percent filth and nastiness at all times, and that's just not the case. Howard Stern and his fiancee Beth Ostrosky are two of the biggest advocates of Animal Rights and donate millions to the North Shore Animal League. Just last week, Howard devoted a significant amount of time to a lost bulldog in NYC named Clara and thanks to Howard, the dog was found safe and sound two days after she went missing. You simply cannot call someone "100 percent filth and nastiness" who does things like that or watches Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, or the Bachelor. I'm so tired of Howard getting a bad rap. If you give the show a listen I will guarantee that you laugh at least 10 times over the course of a show and you'll find your heart touched at some point as well, and I guarantee that you'll come away with a different view of Howard than you had before.

Well that's all for now. Expect a full writeup on Kidd Chris from this week as well as a tribute to Artie Lange later today if my internet connection holds up.

No comments: