Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things I've learned over the past week

Here are a few of the things I've learned being on my own in the last little bit.

1. Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying-Morgan Freeman's Character in Shawshank
2. "I Will Survive" by Cake is now my favorite song
3. Don't Worry about things you have no control or influence over. Whether it's another person, your job, or whatever else. Worry about the things that you can control.
4. Slimfast tastes pretty damn good when it's the only thing you can keep down.
5. I apparently have "great eyes" Thanks S!!!
6. Cats aren't the "bad animals" they're made out to be by alot of people. My kitties have brought me more joy than I can remember
7. Never give 100 percent of yourself to someone else. You've got to keep some back for you.
8. Being my own boss is pretty darn cool at times.
9. Don't always just roll with the punches. If you see something that bothers you, speak up or it will bite you in the ass later.
10. Friends are one of the greatest gifts given to us. Thanks Jim (Quint75) Leo, Seth, Deb, Nicole, Sandy, Jonny, Tom, Scott (ExtremeGamer), NYIsles, and everyone else whom I've forgotten who's checked up on me and talked to me. You are all dear friends.
11. This will be either the best experience of my life, or the worst experience of my life, and it's mostly dependent on me to make it one or the other.
12. Sometimes the people you know least will be the biggest help of all. Thanks Quint!!
13. The trip from my bedroom to the kitchen takes less than 6 seconds.
14. The trip from my bedroom to the bathroom is 2 seconds each way
15. I let Leo Borrow Rock Band and GH and he's pretty darn good at both of them.
16. Instant Karma by John Lennon is a great song as well
17. Two Tylenol PM's and a Melatonin make for the perfect sleep cocktail.
18. Be thankful and mindful of the blessings you do have daily. I have 10 fingers, 10 toes, I can see and hear, and I wake up every morning. That's something to be thankful for.
19. No matter what's going on with you, there's always someone else who has it much much worse.
20. Devil May Cry 1 was a hard hard game.
21. I had forgotten how much fun it was to lay in bed and play videogames all day.

Well there you have it. I'm sure I've learned more than that, but I can't remember them all. Again, a big thanks to all my readers and friends.

No comments: