Sunday, November 7, 2010

Social Networks

I'm always surprised when I log into facebook (which isn't very often anymore) at the people that Facebook thinks I should be friends with.  90 percent of the people, I don't know and the other 10 percent, I'd never be friends with.  Just in the last week, I've done a bit of a test and haven't added one person.  I'm not a typical facebook user because I have at most 30-40 friends.  I only keep people on there that I actively talk to (and Andrew and Ashley are two of them).  I'm amazed that the same people keep popping up as well. 

I might be the only one, but I love Twitter so much more than Facebook, but again, it's the same thing over and over again as well.  I 'm a Montreal Canadiens fan, why would I want to follow the Toronto Maple Leafs.  I detest em.  And just because I follow kiddchris, doesn't mean I want to follow howard stern or bubba the love sponge.  I like Facebook and Twitter, but let's make the suggestions smarter.  People I don't want to follow on either shouldn't keep showing up. 

As a friendly reminder, you can follow my twitter here Dave's Twitter or on facebook here. 


Jason said...

I think it's funny that Facebook is intuitive enough to know that there are certain people I'm connected to by current friends, but isn't intuitive enough to know that if I haven't added that person in the last 6 months since the recommendation, there's probably a reason why.

salina said...

I hate this too! It is annoying though even now and then I get a few that are legit, it is usually a family member new to the site but I often wonder whose suggestions I show up on.