Monday, April 19, 2010

2 Years Ago Today

April 19, 2008 started out like most other days.  I woke up, lit a cigarette and pondered the day ahead.  I'd just gotten done seeing a kick ass performance by the Knoxville Opera the night before and was still wowed by the performance.  That day was different though.  I had a date for the first time in forever.  It had been years since I'd been on a date and I needed some reassurance.  After talking with my good friend Jim (aka Quint) as well as Leo, I called my date.  She asked if I'd mind swinging by and picking up something for her she'd bought.  That began what had to be the most wonderful day of my life.  I remember being so nervous, but once I met her and her wonderful son, I was put at ease almost immediately.

Well, here we are two years later.    That date was Ashley, who's now my wife and Andrew, that wonderful little boy who met me at the front door, is now my stepson, and soon .  Things just couldn't possibly be better than they are right now.  So I say to my lovely bride, happy two year anniversary.  You've made my life wonderful just by being in it.  I love you so very much.

1 comment:

Jim Schmaltz said...

I remember that day too! Very happy for all of you. Good things happen to good people. You guys deserve the best!