Friday, July 25, 2008

Political beliefs part 2

On Gay Marriage
It's not the government's right to tell people who can get married and who can't get married. This is yet another example of how the government lets the religious right govern from the pulpit. The way I see it, us heterosexual folks have done a pretty good job of fucking up marriage for years, let's give someone else a chance.

On the First Amendment and Freedom of Speech
It's high time the FCC became primarily a licensing commission instead of a content commission. The FCC has no business regulating content on free radio and free television today and needs to concentrate on handing out licenses, spectrum, and approving radio and television equipment. I have a dial on my radio and television for a reason. If I don't like something whether it be offensive or just bad, I turn the channel, but the religious right feels they have to meddle. Television and Radio stations have been on edge since the Janet Jackson super bowl incident, and it's high time that stoppped. Who would have thought a boob like Janet Jackson would have caused all of this?

The Religious Right and the Separation of Church and State
This is probably gonna shock a few of you, but I have no issue with people praying in schools or wherever they'd like. My problem with Religion in America is the religious right and the large amount of influence that they carry with some Republicans and Democrats. The Religious Right pokes their nose into all facets of society and believe that they can tell the rest of America what is good and right and what is bad in media. I have two words for the religious right. Fuck you. I unlike a large majority of your congregations and viewers can make up my mind on my own and don't need to hear what you think about television and radio programming.

Well there you have it. I feel like I touched on a majority of the issues. If I left anything out, feel free to send me an email and let me know. As all of you know, I'm an avowed Libertarian and feel that it's quality over quantity as far as government goes. Our government is too big and oversteps it's bounds on a regular basis and it's high time that stopped.

No comments: